Monday, May 4, 2015

  This piece was made from pure randomness. I was looking at figure poses and ran across one of a girl in a ballet outfit jumping gracefully. It was quite beautiful so I thought to myself, how can i make this unbeautiful, lol. As I drew the pose i realized that i should make her into a zombie. I didn't want one of the zombies that had been zombies for a while. I wanted it to be like she literally just became a zombie a few minutes ago. On that in between line of looking like she did when she was beautiful but also about to become a bit scary. I think i got close to what i originally wanted to convey but in hindsight i see i could have pushed it a bit further. Process: sketch on paper, scan into Photoshop CS6, line work layer first. Base color layer second, shading and shadows layer, highlights layer, extra layer for polish and finally a layer for a chaotic background.

No comments:

Post a Comment